How to become a Volunteer Visiting Team?
Could your dog bring comfort and joy to people in Care Centres?
Irish Therapy Dogs will make every effort to appoint successful applicants to a Care Centre located as conveniently as possible to their home. (Our service is nationwide).
- Be 18 years or older.
- Commit to a weekly one hour visit to a Care Centre.
- Have a caring and approachable nature.
- Have awareness and sensitivity.
- Be capable of carrying out visits in a positive and discreet manner.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Maintain control of your dog.
- Be prepared to accept that Completion of Application Process will take time.
- Successful Applicants’ Membership – €30 Annually
- Not be a restricted breed:
- American Pitbull
- Bull Mastiff.
- Doberman Pinscher.
- English Bull Terrier.
- German Shepherd (Alsatian).
- Japanese Akita.
- Japanese Tosa.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- Cross-breed of these dogs
- Be one year or older.
- Be house trained.
- Be vaccinated and preventively treated for parasites.
- Be well-groomed.
- Be friendly, gentle, confident, patient and at ease in any situation.
- Enjoy human company and be happy to be petted and handled
Download Volunteer Application Form/Garda Vetting Inviter form & Information.
Irish Therapy Dogs will make every effort to appoint Volunteer Visiting Teams to a Care Centre located as conveniently as possible to their home.