Would you and your dog like to volunteer to become a Visiting Team?
If you have a dog you think may be suitable as a therapy dog and if you have the time to commit to the work, apply to become a Volunteer Visiting Team.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Commit to a weekly one hour visit to a Care Centre.
- Have a caring and approachable nature.
- Have awareness and sensitivity.
- Be capable of carrying out visits in a positive and discreet manner.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Maintain control of your dog.
- Be prepared to accept that Completion of Application Process will take approximately one month. This is due to the Garda Vetting Procedure.
- Not be a restricted breed
- American Pitbull Terrier.
- Bull Mastiff.
- Doberman Pinscher.
- English Bull Terrier.
- German Shepherd (Alsatian).
- Japanese Akita.
- Japanese Tosa.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- Cross-breed of these dogs
- Be one year or older.
- Be house trained.
- Be vaccinated and preventively treated for parasites.
- Be well groomed.
- Be friendly, gentle, confident, patient and at ease in any situation.
- Enjoy human company and be happy to be petted and handled
Irish Therapy Dogs will make every effort to appoint Volunteer Visiting Teams to a Care Centre located as conveniently as possible to their home.
Annual Membership €25.